Ideas site for PCF Gallery, submit here your idea for a new PCF control
Rendering a lookup as an dropdown/optionset would be for things like reference data (e.g. country lists). Users could add values without needing system customizer role and also you would be able to "retire" options.
Control Duration fields (Whole Number field with a Format=Duration) to present in either Hours or Minutes
Currently, duration fields will present inconsistently in either minutes or fractions of hours. Screenshots below show how the same field with the same value is presented differently across different forms and views.
I have heard that the logic is to convert in hours as long as you use 15 minutes steps, but in my example that is clearly not the case. And even if it did, a consistent presentation regardless of the duration is desired. With Duration fields being used heavily in D365 Field Service, this is very confusing to users.
The ask here is to provide a control that would allow a global setting to either present in hours or minutes. Or possibly to have one control that presents in minutes and another that presents in hours.
The idea would be create a better "multi-select" optionset. The control could show all available values, and the user could pick which ones but just clicking the dots, the backend would make the N:N link. Obviously would not work for large datasets.
There already is a tree view for N:N relations, but I think it would be great to be able to search for a record for a lookup field via a treeview. A common example would be
- selecting a product: the user would be default see the product families and is able to search these items or scroll through these and open the right family to drill down and select the right product.
Ideally the tree hierarchy could be based on
- a self-referencing 1:N relationship such as products and product families
- a hierarchy based on another lookup/relationship from the "target" entity.
- Suppose you have a lookup to select a country (custom entity)
- Every country has a lookup (N:1) to another entity "Continent"
- when opening the lookup search window, the user would see the lists of continents. The user is able to expand a continent which displays the countries linked to that continent and to select one. The selected country is completed in the lookup field.
- a third option would be able to use different levels, where the hierarchy is composed of different entities and different N:1 relationships (Continent - country - State) but might be too complex...
That uses Sharepoint as a backend (for instance, use it in Dynamics for Sales).
It would be great if we could get a PCF that turns a multiple lines of text field into a drag and drop HTML editor using a open source html editor like GrapeJS.
It's something alot of people have wanted for a while but the ability to directly copy a image from a screenshot on your computer and paste it into the body of the email content and have it display contextually. Obviously it need to auto-attach the screenshot as an attachment first before displaying it contextually.
Customer support service by UserEcho